A heartwarming encounter with a grandma at Jalpadevi Temple,Chovar


Have you ever stopped to talk to an elderly person, just to listen to their stories and gain their wisdom? I recently had a beautiful encounter with a grandma at a temple, and it reminded me of the importance of slowing down and connecting with our elders.

It was a not-so-fun day at the Jalpadevi Temple located in chovar,kirtipur with people coming and going, praying, and taking pictures. I noticed a grandma sitting alone on a bench, looking at a group of teenagers making TikTok videos. She was smiling at their antics, and I could tell that she was enjoying watching them.

I was sitting in a corner with my friends, but something about her caught my eye. We made eye contact, and I felt drawn to her. I got up and walked over to her, sitting down beside her. She welcomed me with a friendly smile, and we struck up a conversation. Trust me she was so cute.

I asked her about her life and how she had come to be at the temple alone. She told me that she was a regular visitor to the temple and that her home was just behind it. She shared stories of her youth and how the temple had been a central part of her life for many years. She talked about her struggles and her happiness, and I listened intently.

During our conversation, the grandma mentioned how different things are today compared to when she was young. She was amazed by the way technology has advanced and how people are now so attached to their phones. She commented on how it seems like people are disconnected from real life.

This got me thinking about the importance of being present at the moment and engaging with the world around us.

As we talked, I realized that this grandma had so much wisdom and experience to offer. She had lived a full life and had so much to share. It was clear that she appreciated having someone to talk to, and I felt honored to be able to listen.

We talked for over an hour, and I could see that it was getting late. I offered to walk her home, and she accepted gratefully. We said our goodbyes, and I left feeling grateful for the encounter.

This experience reminded me that sometimes, all our elders need is someone to talk to and sit with. As they age, they may become more childlike and in need of care, love, and attention. It's essential to take the time to listen to their stories and learn from their experiences.

So, the next time you see an elderly person sitting alone, why not stop and say hello? You never know what you might learn or how it could impact your life. It's time to get out of our social media lives and connect with the real world around us.

                    "Sharing her small clip"







Comments

  1. “This got me thinking about the importance of being present at the moment and engaging with the world around us.“ - Well every one forgets that there is world out side technology. Place where kind, joy respect received infinitely. Inspiring story. Good start for my day. Thank you Gayatri πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ™πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are amazing ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes elderly generation has some many stories to share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Pilgrimage to Mankamana: Fulfilling Promises and Creating Memories

Innocent Joy of Childhood

Exploring the Beauty of Bhundole Hike in Pharphing: A Memorable Summer Adventure